Subscribe for 12 months with recurring billing - $199

Buy 12 months of subscription time - $199

 

Search Uranium Stocks
Uranium Price
Our RSS Feed

Uranium Updates

Enter your email address:

Follow Us on Twitter
« Uranium Stocks: Is it turnaround time yet? | Main | Olympic Dam Extension: When? »
Monday
Aug272007

Khan Resources Incorporated: Speculative trade now closed

Khan logo 27aug07
During the turmoil on the 17th August 2007 we bought some more shares of Khan Resources Incorporated for $1.70. The purchase was made as a speculative trade as Khan announced that they had a problem with license 9282X as it was considered to be invalid by the powers that be in Mongolia.

We were of the opinion that the management team at Khan would resolve this problem and therefore we went against the flow of selling and made an investment.

We have no new news to offer you but the stock price has started on the road to recovery. We still have confidence that it will continue its recovery and regain its former higher trading price.

Today we decided to sell at the higher price of $1.96, in order to close this position. This gives us a profit of $0.26 or 15.29% in 10 days. We are happy to take this profit as it was generated over a short time span. The downside could have been that the stock did not recover so quickly and we would have had to hold Khan for longer. That’s not a problem for us as we like the stock very much and still hold their shares as part of our core holding in uranium stocks.

From time to time we will make short term trades such as this so stay tuned but don’t place too much of your funds into any one trade and as always, spread your risk over a number of stocks and only use your ‘gambling’ money on this sort of trade.

Stay calm things are on the up.



PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments (7)

Korrigenda:
Of course, not 7 Mio. pounds have to be devided but 7 billions. Excuse.

August 29, 2007 | Unregistered CommenterHans Georg Lips

Martin Quick is in the process of resolving the issue but we probably won't be seeing anything new until the end of September. I bought more shares @ $1.25 and will probably be holding it since the current situation isn't as bad as most investors think. Consider this a mega discount price (it's a still a steal right now @ $1.74). Also, they still have their main mining property so I think investors just over-reacted over the news. KRI will get through this as they held a meeting last week with Centerra probably to discuss how to approach and handle the issue with the Mongolian authorities. Good move on selling @ $1.96 as they were many many shorters and it moved back down to the support level @ $1.70 after a couple days.

September 1, 2007 | Unregistered Commenterpho

Thank you for the update its a benefit to our readers as well as us.

We were fortunate with our trade to sell before the price fell back. However we think that you are correct in that it is still a steal at $1.74. It will only take one positive announcement from Khan for the stock price to snap right back. We will try and keep a close eye on it and may possibly go back in, we will post as soon as we hear anything.

Well done with your purchase at $1.25, in a few days/weeks from now you could be opening the bubbly!

September 1, 2007 | Unregistered CommenterUranium Stocks

News out! It's good news. Their exploration license is declared VALID and is confirmed by the authorities. Please see the website for the news release. This caught me by surprise as it was dealt rather "quick"ly. ;)

September 11, 2007 | Unregistered Commenterpho

pho,

Much appreciated by the team here - have a good one.

September 11, 2007 | Unregistered CommenterUranium Stocks

You guys looking for 15percent left another 30percent on the table-LMAO! Quick is in Mongolia since 14th of Sept...will be there for a couple of weeks duration-expect him to return with a mining license from the special exploration license now in hand on the additional dornod properties-he is also dsicussing the stability agreement framework from what I understand-as we were next in the GOM que after Centera'hammered out its own draft agreement back in early Aug.

If he has good news upon his return-which I expect he will...look for some high visibility from him in this regard-last year he made a BNN appearance...it was Rob TV then...but whatever-I would like to see him use these avenues again as it has been about a year now since he last appeared on the public wires...when he speaks publicly he exudes confidence...character and integrity.professionalism personified to the ninth degree...a public appearance by him IMO would be bullish and rather timely...and for that matter...just about due...but that's how I would run things-from the front end office side of things-if bringing back the bacon...which I expect he will.

SS

September 18, 2007 | Unregistered Commentershawshank

SS, Please note that after we closed our trade Khan retreated back to what we had paid for it, so taking 15% in such a short time was a good trade for us. We did consider going back in but decided to wait.

We do have a substantial position in Khan as a core holding and we are happy to hold it. Hope that you are correct about the 'good news' cheers, Bob

September 18, 2007 | Unregistered CommenterUranium Stocks

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>